To secure a responsible career opportunity, where I can fully utilize my training, human resource and management skills, while making a significant contribution to the success of my employer.
KHTS AM 1220
Santa Clarita | 2015
Sales, Operations, Marketing and Community Outreach
Working community outreach and sales, in person and on the phone, with business owners and residents of Santa Clarita to build up participation and booth sales for the ALL NEW KHTS 2016 Home and Garden Show. Also working with restaurant owners, on the phone and in person to build up sales for the KHTS Restaurant Row promotion. Worked closely with the station owners.
UCLA – Marketing and Public Outreach
Westwood, CA | 2013 – 2014
Daily Operations and Office Manager
- Hired to oversee office renovation and relocation. Turned into daily operations position with oversees of department management, budgets, IT education, staffing, procedures and policies.
- Managed budgets, contracts and procedures. Provided advice and wrote policy for students and creative. Oversaw operations and scheduling for 8-10 student interns. Worked closely with all levels of University management.
- Used Excel to create an archive inventory database giving location, article, client and writer for 25 years of periodicals, pamphlets, brochures, etc. Entire department now shared resources.
- Used FileMaker Pro to create photo/video equipment inventory checkout database and barcode checkout system. Portable operation now enabled use of iPhones and iPads. New system enabled anyone, anytime, anywhere to check in and check out equipment, cross platform, throughout the campus.
Pro Photography Network
Santa Clarita, CA | 2009 – Present
Nationwide Photography Services: Marketing, Sales, Operations and Logistics
Areas of management responsibility included bookkeeping, financial reporting, scheduling, customer relations, and daily administrative affairs. Covered editorial, commercial, real estate, journalism, onsite events, portraits, sports, and PR events across the country.
Bird In The Sky Communications
Santa Clarita, CA | 2008 – 2014
Satellite phones: Rentals and Operations
- Oversaw operations of company specializing in sales and rentals of handheld satellite phones. Administered all customer service, executed business transactions and developed cl ient base.
Los Angeles Times
Los Angeles, CA | 1986 – 2008
Operations and Technology Manager, Editorial News Operations
Financial Operations Manager, Editorial Foreign Department
Photo Department Manager / Operations and Logistics Manager, Editorial Photo Department
Photo Imaging Technician / Photographer, Editorial Photo Department
Fast-track promotion from Freelance Photographer to Full Time Editorial Photo Department Manager through a series of increasingly responsible managerial positions delivering sophisticated telecommunications solutions, which produced strong and sustainable revenue, as well as profit gains through expertise in new business development and market expansion.
- Led strategic and tactical implementation. Created a strong technology infrastructure while guiding project teams in the redesign/optimization of existing systems and operations.
- Directed all management functions, staffing, technology systems, and all business infrastructure affairs for diverse populations.
- Administered budgets of $8 million that resulted in forecasting and creation of new opportunities for all levels of staffing.
- Maintained personal development while keeping current with new technology to ensure maximum productivity through attendance at trade shows (electronics, photo trade, telephony) as well as computer conventions.
- Continuously produced and managed projects showcasing financial innovation and creativity.
Oversaw the smooth operation of all planned entertainment events for over 10 years. Supervised all staffing needs, managed all communications and records. Events such as the Oscars, Grammys, Emmys, Golden Globes, Olympics, political conventions, all Los Angeles playoffs and championships.
Set guidelines for organizers, designed space, chose staff, selected vendors to staff the space, worked with the unions. Served as primary liaison between all outside vendors, Los Angeles Times and all event locations.
Always maintained the highest levels of customer service and always motivated that goal to my staff. Maintained a very strong working relationship with all levels of personnel and working contacts over the course of my job duties. Thoroughly enjoyed the synergy of cooperative problem solving.
Managed a staff of over 75 diverse personnel with The Editorial Photo Department. Directly involved with interviewing recruiting, staff development and performance management. Go-to-person for 20 Photo Editors, 40 Photographers, 15 Imaging Specialists, and 3 IT specialists. Skilled in staff training and performance management to meet operating and financial goals. Extensive experience in workforce diversity, team building, and group leadership.
Very mindful of the diverse educational and safety needs of the student workforce. Supervised a staff of student interns while managing the UCLA Marketing and Special Events Dept. Worked with student volunteers and donors. Always understanding the strictest confidentiality needs.
Managed an $8 million foreign bureaus budget into the black my first year as Financial Operations Manager. Converted an inefficient ‘single man’ operation into a teamwork strategy. Utilized technology and research to minimize inefficiency and maximize investment.
Genuine team player committed to managing operations and projects flawlessly while contributing to business-development and revenue-producing activities. Business savvy to anticipate contingencies, control expenses, and stretch operating dollars.
Outstanding Editorial Employee of the Year, twice, Los Angeles Times.
Pioneer in color and on-the-road imaging specialist.
Redesigned and streamlined processes to achieve a 25% gain in time efficiency.
Increased revenue $100,000 annually by selling old equipment.
Bachelor of Arts, Communication emphasis, California State University at Fullerton.